Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Work

Ok I have to rant for just a min and I'm not sure if it's going to make a lot of sense so bear with me please. I am a teacher, I teach middle school social studies and a course recovery class and I love it. I know it's weird to love teaching that age, but I do. Anyways. I have been on maternity leave since before Christmas break. I have enjoyed being at home and not worrying about anything because I have an amazing substitute in my classroom.

So, today I checked my school email and found like 30 messages because I am getting 13 new lovelies in my course recovery class. (Our district makes our middle schoolers pass all of their 4 core classes all three years to go on to high school and if they fail a semester they get pulled out of their encore classes and put into course recovery and get to do the semester over again in an online program that is harder than the actual class is). Of course my substitute freaks out a little, which I don't blame her and I told her I was taking my son to the doctor (more about that later) and I would be home in time to put the kids into the program and get them set up. However, she needed to find more computers because my classroom only has 9. She is fine with this and I rush home from Tampa (yes I had to go up there again) to make sure I can get this done before 6th period starts. I get home, get Little L in bed for nap, feed Baby E and sit down at my computer. I log onto the program and see that someone has already entered the students. Hey that's great that someone was there to help my substitute out, but they did it wrong. If a student failed more than one class they are only to work on one class at a time, this person gave those students all of their classes to make up. Plus because I have so many students I was going to put each 6th grader in one "class", each 7th grader in one "class" and so on. Well, this person divided them up by subject, which means that I now have like 10 different classes to keep track of and makes it that much harder on me to run reports and stay on top of what they are accomplishing every day. Now I know I should just be grateful that someone was there to help my substitute out, but I like things done a certain way and this person didn't do it right! Not to mention for the rest of the quarter things are going to be harder on me with how I am able to keep track of everything. Ugh!!! I do not want to go back to work. :(

On another note. Had to take Little L to the urologist today. I was referred to one at his 2 year well child visit and just kept putting it off. I decided I couldn't put it off any longer. He has a hernia and it needs to get fixed. It doesn't cause him any pain, which is good, but the doc wants to fix it. So, that is what I will be doing over my spring break. Yea me! Let's just hope Tricare pulls through for us.

Baby E is still sleeping through the night. She wakes religiously at 7am, which will work perfect for me once I go back to work. I know you probably think that's late for a middle school teacher, but in the great state of Florida and in our great county, our middle schools start at 9:15am. I would love it if they would change it back, but that doesn't seem too likely. Anyways, I'm still excited she's sleeping so good. She also slept all the way to Tampa and back, just had a bottle when we got home and is asleep again.

Sorry for the long post, I just had to get that stuff off my chest. I just wish who ever helped my substitute would have asked me how I wanted it done. Ah well. Thank you to whoever helped out!

4 comments:

  1. I am in the same way in that I get frustrated if something isn't done "my way." I have a certain way of washing the dishes, cooking breakfast, doing the laundry, parking the freaking car, etc. You can tell my poor husband has to deal with a lot. It also kicks into overdrive when I'm pregnant. Ha! So I know where you're coming from! Can't totally fault the person that helped, since they, well, helped, but still.. grrrr...

    So glad you have a magic baby that sleeps through the night. Maybe she could do a little Cliff Notes version for me as to what it takes to achieve this when she is not busy drinking bottles or blowing out diapers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I can't fault the person for helping out and I felt really bad about being annoyed, but I just couldn't help it. I like things done a certain way. Thankfully in my classroom I get to be in charge and do things for the most part my way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I'm the same way on liking my routine.. so I'm a tad bit worried for when the husband gets home from deployment as he is likely going to mess it all up!

    Selfish? Maybe.. but we can't help it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hard. I think once the guys deploy we tend to rely on our routine to keep us together and that's why we aren't as happy when they come home and disrupt it, I think we are afraid we will fall apart without it. At least that's how I feel. :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! :) I promise I will write back if you leave a comment :)