Saturday, February 25, 2012

My heart is breaking for those families

My heart is breaking for the families that have lost their loved ones in the violence that has erupted in Afghanistan. I cannot imagine what they are going through, but to hear that one of them found out through a text message just makes me sick. I found out about this through a post done by Army Wife 101, in which she also has the local news story about the horrible situation. I mean to find out the most horrible news a person can hear through a text message is just beyond wrong. I really hope that who ever leaked the information gets in trouble. There is protocol put in place for a reason! This is why there is OPSECS! My thoughts and prayers go out to all of the families, but especially this poor woman. I just can't imagine.
It sure does bring all those fears that are in the back of my mind to the front. Thank goodness I was able to talk to the husband today and know that he is ok, but still, it's hard knowing things aren't good over there. I know we will get through this, and every day done is one more day closer to him finally coming home.
I pray for the safe return of all of our men and women in the armed forces.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! :) I promise I will write back if you leave a comment :)