Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Having one of "those" days I guess

I guess I am having one of "those" days. I didn't realize it at first, but now looking back at my day and my current mood, I can tell I'm having, what I call, a deployment day (the kind of day that doesn't go your way and only happens when the husband isn't home to help or for you to vent to). First off I haven't heard from the husband in awhile, which of course always puts me on edge. Then I had the issue with work, which did get fixed thankfully. Little L woke up in a bad mood from his nap and has been whiny the ENTIRE night! I decided to go to the grocery store with the kids for the first time by myself since Baby E was born, figuring that getting out of the house would help get Little L out of his funk. I was very proud of myself for making it successfully through the store, and was in a better mood, that is until I got out to my car and noticed that some one parked like right next to my car! And I don't mean a little close like hugging the white line, I mean like so close I could not open my back door to get Baby E and her car seat into the car. I thought seeing as I live in the land of the retired that going to the grocery store after dark was a good idea, I guess not. As I was contemplating what to do and cursing the person who drove this car, the owner walks up. Of course the owner was a little old lady.  I asked her if it was her car and she said yes and that she would wait for me to get the kids in, and I could take my time. Really?!?!? How did she expect me to get them in when I couldn't open MY door???? Didn't she notice it was hard for her to get out of her car when she went into the grocery store? I explained my situation to her, which I didn't think needed to be explained, I thought it was pretty obvious. Then I had to wait as she put her groceries in her car, then decide what to do with her cart, slide into her car and back out. Any excitement I had at making it through the grocery store with both kids was just trashed because of her.  Normally stuff like this annoys me, I complain about it for a min then move on, but today it just pissed me off.

Now that the kids are finally asleep, which of course they fought tooth and nail, I think I will go to bed and hope that things tomorrow go more my way.

 I need to get husbands Valentine's care package in the mail ASAP. Anyone have any good ideas for what to put in the Valentine's care package?

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you had a "deployment day" those are always the worst! I always get on edge if I haven't heard from the hubs in a few days as well. Keep your head up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh the people that park close to me drive me up the wall as well... Sorry you had a bad day. Hope today is going better!

    I don't know if you're on Pinterest, but they have lots of cute V-Day care package ideas! I have also been thinking about doing the deck of cards project where you write one thing you love about him on each card. I think you punch holes in it at the end and tie it all up too. I'm sure there are lots of ways to make it "fancy." Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Whitney, I finally heard from him, but yes after a few days I start getting on edge.
    Jenn, I haven't joined Pinterest yet, I've been afraid I would lose too much time on it. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness.. totally know what those days are like. You AREN'T alone girl..

    I just put tons of candy in my hubs Vday package, and this funny card I found. He will be home on R&R soon ish and there are tons of presents waiting here for him. So not a lot went into his package.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Amanda! That's super exciting he will be home for R&R soon!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! :) I promise I will write back if you leave a comment :)