Thursday, February 9, 2012

Our Love Story

I've seen this floating around, so I decided to join in.



1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
     We've been together 3.5 years

2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}
    We actually met on Eharmony. He "winked" at me, we did the guided questions and started emailing each other. Then one day he gave me his number and told me he wouldn't "hold is breath", that got me and I called him that night. He didn't answer that night but called me back the next day. We talked on the phone for at least an hour that day and decided to meet up. Some girlfriends and I were planning on going out, so he met up with us at Linksters. That was a Saturday night, we hung out again Sunday night and I met his whole family that Monday. They were celebrating his nephew's birthday and he invited me along. Pretty much since that day we have been inseparable (unless of course the army says we can't be together due to trainings, schools or our current deployment).


3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {do tell}
    We have been married for almost 3 years


4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding? If not, where would you like to get married? And will it be big or small?
    Our first wedding (yes we had two) was a small wedding at the court house. I had gotten pregnant and we wanted to get married before our son was born (we had talked about getting married before we had gotten pregnant), however our son had a different idea and was born a month early and was present at the wedding. We only had our immediate family there with us, but that is the date we use to celebrate our anniversary. Our second wedding was still a smaller wedding. It was held at a local country club and was amazing! We were able to have our friends and family join in the celebration. I was also able to wear a wedding dress :)


5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
    Hunny, not very original


6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
    1. I love that he is an amazing father. 2. That he is my best friend and I can talk to him about anything 3. That he is an amazing man and loves me for me


7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?
    Thanksgiving weekend he proposed on the beach, we had gone on a walk and half way down he stopped and asked me to marry him. He didn't have the ring yet, so we went together to pick out my ring. I thought it was perfect.


8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
    He's more of a chocolate covered strawberry type of guy. Those are my favorite and he gets me those for the major events.


9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
    I am a pop in a movie and relax on the couch kind of girl. I love cuddling on the couch with my guy and watching a movie.


10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
      I would love to travel with him. I've been to Europe, but I would love to go there with him and explore new places.


11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.
       Spending the day with my children, nothing too exciting seeing as the husband is currently deployed. Hopefully we will be able to Skype that day

12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
      Nope. He bought me a new Coach purse and gave it to me early. As well as a pair of diamond earrings. One erring for each child. :)


13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
       Communication. I think being able to communicate with each other makes a relationship strong. Being able to talk to your significant other makes you partners in a relationship.


14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.
                         

2 comments:

  1. Awe how special.. I'm going to have to whip this survey up in the next few days. Get me all sentimental and stuff just in time for Valentine's Day.. but I loved getting to know your marriage more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Amanda. I really enjoyed writing it and going down memory lane. I love sharing how we met and how our relationship started. I look forward to reading yours. :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! :) I promise I will write back if you leave a comment :)