Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pinterest Update

I never thought I would join Pinterest, I was afraid I would spend too much time on there and not get other things done, also I am not a crafty or artistic person so I figured most of the stuff on there I couldn't do. Well, I am pretty proud of myself. I have tried a few things and they haven't turned out half bad. First my friend, who also happens to be my neighbor told me about a salad in a mason jar that she saw on Pinterest


Pretty neat idea huh? I am trying to lose this baby weight before the husband comes home and eating salads for lunch is one great step, but I hate putting them together in the morning. So, when I saw this idea I thought, hummm, that sounds like a pretty cool idea. Monday night I cut up my lettuce, my cucumbers and added my feta cheese. I decided not to put the dressing in the jar because I didn't have enough toppings to keep the dressing and the lettuce apart. I made three of them and I ate the second one today. I was really shocked, the lettuce was still really crisp and the cucumber wasn't soggy. Tomorrow will be the true test because that will be day three for it sitting in the jar. But I think this is a great way to have a salad for lunch with only having to do the work once a week. :)
The next project I saw and loved. I've been wanting to try menu planning, but get overwhelmed every time I start thinking about it. My lovely neighbor and I were talking about how she only plans for three meals a week, because you always have leftovers and need to account for those "fend for yourself" nights. While I was on facebook one day I saw a college friend "pinned" this great idea


Cute right??? Well, I decided to make one. Now before you look at it remember I'm not artistic, but I think it turned out pretty cute and I can't wait to get my recipe cards done so I can use it.


I'm pretty proud of myself. :)


In other news....I should be seeing my Army Wife friend, her husband and baby this weekend. Our town is having their annual Italian fest and I've invited them, my biffle, her daughter, my lovely neighbor, and Army Wife friend's sister and son. It should be a blast as long as we have good weather. I'm really looking forward to it.
Also, I am REALLY looking forward to the new season of Army Wives. I've loved the show since it started and that was before I had met my husband and became an army wife. I feel like it's been forever since it's been on. Anyone else excited for it to start back up?

Well, the kiddos are in bed, so now it's time for me to try and get some sleep. Here's to hoping I can get a full night sleep without interruptions. (I'm not holding my breath because I can't tell you the last time I had a full night sleep without interruptions)
Goodnight all!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! :) I promise I will write back if you leave a comment :)