Thursday, April 5, 2012

30 Day Challenge- Day 5 Our First Wedding



Today I'm remembering our first wedding. :)

Like I said in my previous post, M and I were planning on getting married before Little L was born, however that didn't happen. We decided to keep our wedding date the same because I wanted my dad there and that was the date he was flying down.
We had gone to the courthouse and filled out the paperwork to get married. Interesting side fact: if you were getting married somewhere else, like a church, etc.....then you could do it the same day you applied for the license. However, if you wanted to do it at the courthouse, you had to wait 3 days. I thought that was really strange. But I'm sure it's their way of keeping people from making rash decisions that could end up in divorce.
The morning of June 5, 2009. The day was spent taking care of Little L, hanging out with my dad and just doing normal family stuff. Finally at around 2pm we decided to get ready, we got through the showers and got all dressed up. It was hard for me to find something nice to wear because I was still huge from being pregnant. I decided on a pink dress and M wore dress pants, a shirt and tie. He looked darn good if you asked me. The whole time we were getting ready I realized I wasn't the least bit nervous about pledging my life to this man. I always figured on my wedding day I would be a bundle of nerves, but I wasn't. I was calm in the fact that we loved each other and were making the right decision.
We packed all of us up in M's truck and headed to the courthouse. We picked our spot outside and went inside to find the lady who would marry us. She was also the same one that we filled our paperwork out with. She was really funny and  very personable.
My mom, dad, M's mom and dad, his grandma and aunt were all in attendance. It seemed to go by really quick! I was in kind of a haze through the whole thing. I still couldn't believe I was actually getting married. It was strange, because nothing other than my name was really changing. We were already living together and were pretty much like a married couple, just without the paper.
After the ceremony we went to Mi Pueblo, a really good Mexican restuarant in our town. It was a great dinner.
It was nothing extravagant or out there, but it was nice and quiet. I still to this day cannot believe I am married, especially to M. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world to have such an amazing man love me and who wants to share his life with me. It really was the perfect day, even though it wasn't what I had dreamed about as a girl, it was still just perfect.

M and I saying our vows

The newly married couple (can you see the storm clouds in the back?)

Our wedding bands and our new baby boy
I hope you enjoyed this little trip down memory lane. If you would like to join in the fun of the 30 day challenge, head on over to Eat, Pray, Love...LIVE! and link up!!!

4 comments:

  1. Aw that's so sweet! When ya know, ya know! Glad you found the man of your dreams :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still feel like the luckiest girl in the world for being married to my husband and we've been married for over 7 years now! Isn't it so wonderful feeling that sense of peace about marrying the man you know you're going to spend the rest of your life with? So sweet. Thanks a bunch for sharing all of this with us ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous y'all got to pick your place! We got married in the super tacky "chapel" attached to the courthouse. LOL. It's okay though.. I married someone very special! Oh and in Maryland they make you wait 48 hours. Which is why our anniv is on St. Patrick's Day instead of the 15th. LOL. I love this story though! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet and so similar to my story. I had dreamed all my life of how my wedding day would be, no clue I would eventually be marrying an active duty soldier who had just gotten back from a deployment to Iraq. Even though my M & I are divorced, I don't regret a single thing about our "big day" either.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! :) I promise I will write back if you leave a comment :)