Friday, April 20, 2012

30 Day Challenge- Day 19 Prom

**sorry this is a little late**
Ok, so I have gone through all of the major memories of my life with M. I really enjoyed re-living those moments. Now we are going to go back in time, way back in time, to my Senior Prom. :) I think it's a pretty good story.
Back story: I met this guy on a trip to Europe that I went on with a People to People Student Ambassador group, he was everything I wasn't supposed to like. He was rough around the edges, but so soft and sweet on the inside. He liked hard rap music, wore baggy pants, not the clean cut guys my mom thought I should be with. I fell madly in love. I would say he was my first love and first heart break. We started dating on this trip and continued it once we got home. It proved to be hard to continue once we got home seeing as he lived 30-45 minutes away from me. Even though we ended things a few months later, I felt I was still in love with him. Speed up to my senior year and prom was coming up. I had no idea who I was going to go with. I didn't want to just go with a friend, like I did for homecoming. A good friend of mine told me not to worry about anything, she would get me a prom date. Let's just say I was REALLY nervous about who she would find.
I went to her house a couple weeks before prom and she handed me a card. It said something along the lines of "It will be a wonderful night.....because you have a prom date!" (I think I still have the actual card) I couldn't believe it. She had done it! She told me to give her my money to buy the ticket because you had to list who your date was, and because I couldn't know, she had to do it.
I was a bundle of nerves all the way until the day of the prom. I woke up that morning, went and picked my friend up, got my hair did, then hung out until it was time to get dressed. I was really excited to wear my dress, it was a pretty blue color and very comfortable. Finally it was time, the time he was supposed to show up. The doorbell rang......my heart stopped beating.....I went to answer the door, I was litterally shaking from being so nervous. And who do you think was standing on the other side of the door??? Yup, it was him! It was my ex-boyfriend who I was still in love with! I couldn't believe it! I was the happiest girl in the world. He had just come back from Marine boot camp and was looking good! I don't think I stopped smiling all night.
We left to go to my friend's house for pictures and for the limo. It was great being back with him. Yes our relationship had changed, but it was still a lot of fun to be with him. We went to dinner, then on to the prom. We had  a ride ahead of us because our prom was at a place about 45min away from our town. We danced the whole night. We got our pictures taken and had a great time. I don't remember much from that night, except that I had a great time with my ex, my best friend and her boyfriend.
My senior prom was everything I had expected and dreamed of. I am so thankful to my friend who called my ex to find out if he would attend with me. I later found out, he literally just got back from  basic the week before my prom. They weren't 100% sure he would make it. I am so thankful he did and have that as a great memory.

1 comment:

  1. Oh senior prom.. mine seems so long ago. I think I am okay with that though. You were lucky you went with someone you can still look back and smile on.. I went with my then boyfriend, now ex. And it makes half of my senior year including prom cringe worthy.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! :) I promise I will write back if you leave a comment :)