Monday, April 2, 2012

30 Day Challenge- Day 2 Day I found out I was pregnant


Another huge moment in my life was the day I found out I was pregnant with Little L. Let me first start off by saying my husband and I haven't done anything in the correct order, but for some reason it works for us. Please don't judge. My son may not have been planned but he is one of the greatest gifts to us ever! Thanks!

My husband and I were just boyfriend and girlfriend at the time. We were having fun spending tons of time together, going to Busch Gardens with his parents and nephews and just enjoying being with each other. Then one night he made a comment about my period being late. I hadn't even thought of it. I had been told by a previous doctor that I couldn't get pregnant or that I would miscarry early on because my hormone levels were too low to carry a child to full term. I was on hormone therapy for a short while and didn't think anything of it. For some reason I just hadn't been paying attention to the calendar that month. I guess the hormone therapy worked, huh?
Once he made that comment, I did the math and realized I should have started the weekend before. I didn't. That whole day at work I kept think...."oh my gosh, what if I am? What are we going to do?" It was consuming my thoughts that day. Let me tell you, trying to teach and keep that kind of thinking out of your head is near impossible. I was a mess.
Finally on my way home from work I stopped at a drug store and picked up the dreaded pregnancy test. I had never taken one before and was literally shaking. I got home and was soooooo thankful to see M wasn't home yet. I think that is the ONLY time in our relationship where I was happy to see I made it home before him.
I took both tests, normally the directions say to wait like 3 minutes or so.....I didn't have to, that second line appeared instantly! My stomach dropped and my heart stopped. I freaked out! Our relationship was still pretty new, even though we had already talked about this lasting and getting married, I was afraid the thought of a baby would scare him off. I was also afraid that he would end up marrying me just because I was pregnant. I was going out to dinner with a good friend that night and had to call M to see if he would be home before I had to leave. I knew I wouldn't make it through dinner without telling him first. I called his cell and asked when he would be home. He told me it wouldn't be until later, I told him he needed to get home NOW because I had something to tell him and couldn't do it over the phone. That's when there was a pause and I heard "you're pregnant?".......crickets, crickets, crickets.....I really didn't want to tell him on the phone so I squeaked  out a "yes". That's when he told me he was turning in the driveway. Men! I tell ya! Needless to say he was all calm and collected about the news (I found out later that he had his little freak out moment in the truck before he came into the house). He told me everything will be ok and that this was a good thing. I told him my fears about him running off and he told me not to worry, that he loves me and it just means we are going to do things a little quicker than expected and not in the order we thought. He is great at calming me down when I freak out. He was even a little excited. I unfortunately was not at that moment......I knew my life was about to change and it scared the crap out of me. But after our conversation, I calmed down and started to get a little excited, that is until I had to tell my parents. Ah! Not fun, but that's another memory for another day.
This is the ultrasound from when we found out Little L would be a boy

Me about about 7 months pregnant

I hope you enjoyed my memory of when I found out I was pregnant. If you want to join in the 30 day challenge go over to Eat, Pray, Love....LIVE! and join in the fun!!!

3 comments:

  1. Awww, I really loved reading about this. Don't worry, I'm totally not judging you. Everyone makes bad choices and those choices don't define who you are as a person. It simply means you may have made a bad choice. I've been there, done that, lol! My husband was 17 when his girlfriend got pregnant with his first baby and they never got married. I totally know what you mean about getting married to someone just because you're pregnant. What a terrible reason to get married.

    BTW, I'm stopping by from the Military Monday Blog Hop. So nice to meet you! I'm an army wife as well. Hooah ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! I always love to meet other Army Wives! Hooah! Hehe!

      Delete
  2. Lol, I can't believe I forgot to say something very improtant!!! CONGRATULATIONS!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! :) I promise I will write back if you leave a comment :)