Wednesday, April 18, 2012

30 Day Challenge- Day 18 R&R

This post will be kind of short tonight. I already wrote a post about R&R and my love/hate relationship with it. You can read about it here.  I will add that I LOVED having my husband home for two whole weeks. What I didn't talk about in the post was what happened leading up to our R&R. I had found out his dates for coming home and we were counting down the days. Then I got a phone call that they moved his up a little because there were too many people going at one time. I furiously cleaned our house. I mean I organized all of my paper piles, picked everything up, scrubbed everything. Our house looked amazing! I was pretty proud of myself.  The morning he was due to arrive, I was SOOO nervous! I couldn't concentrate on anything. I have NEVER had so many butterflies in my belly, or been so full of nervous energy. I was nervous if he had changed, how it would be once he got home and I wanted him to have a great R&R.
I finished picking a few things up, I gave Little L a bath and made sure he was in clean clothes. I tried to make him take a nap, but of course our two year old had different plans. M asked me to bring his truck, the truck I don't like to drive, the truck I had been fighting with since he left because the battery kept dying. Great! Sure! So, I made sure the truck was charged and cleaned.
Finally it was time to get ready to leave. I packed the kids all up, made sure we had the stroller, the sign I made and tried to not sweat so much.....which is funny when you are running around like a chicken with your head cut off and you live in Florida. :) Hehe! I made it to the airport in record time. I am so thankful that my friend Shannon and her husband where there. I don't think I could have waited that half hour by myself. She kept me from totally losing it.
When I finally saw that uniform walking down the hallway, I couldn't contain my excitement!!!! He was finally here!!!! It was so great to be in his arms again! Little L couldn't stop smiling! It was great seeing him with his daddy again.
It was an amazing two weeks. We were a family again and everything was right in our little world. It was so hard to say good bye to him the second time. But we are finally working towards our countdown to homecoming.
I can't wait to finally be able to write about his homecoming....one day....hopefully not too far off in the distant future. :)


2 comments:

  1. So sweet! Praying safe travels and safety over seas! Glad I stumbled upon your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes the R&R he's home excitement. :) So bittersweet but so worth it!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! :) I promise I will write back if you leave a comment :)