Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Sad Day


Today is the first day of summer break.....you're probably wondering why in the heck did I title this "Sad Day" then? The reason is because this morning I found out a coworker died suddenly last night. I wasn't that close with her, but I taught with her for the past four years, went on field trips with her and just saw her yesterday. She looked fine. We don't know all of the details yet but it is believed it was a heart attack. I am having a hard time wrapping my brain around this. I mean I JUST saw her yesterday.
You'll have to forgive me, I haven't had anyone close to me pass away when I've been able to fully comprehend what it means. (I'm not sure if that made any sense) My grandpa died when I was in second grade, but I don't remember much from that time. And I know at that time I didn't fully understand what was going on. My great-grandma passed away when I was in middle school, but she had lived to be 101 years old. At that point you know it is coming, while it is still sad she was ready to go. Other than hearing about people I knew of, I haven't dealt with this. I am having a hard time realizing that I saw her yesterday and she is no longer with us. I just don't think my brain is comprehending this very well.
She was a good teacher. I know some parents had some issues with the way she taught, but she cared so much for her students. She was a really sweet person. She would help you any way she could. Our school lost a good teacher, person, and friend.
This really brings into perspective how quickly life can end. I know some people see it more frequently than others, especially in the military world with the war still going on. I think it just reminds us to hold those we love that much closer and to not take any day for granted, you never know when your time is up. So, please pray for the Wesson family, they need all the prayers they can get right now while they are dealing with the sudden loss of their wife, mother, daughter and sister.
Rest in Peace Kim!

Kimberly Wesson May 30, 1957- June 5, 2012

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! So sad, Kathryn. You're in my prayers, as well as her family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :/ So sad... I feel like it is the worst when they go unexpectedly. It is hard to wrap your head around.. I'll be thinking about them and you..

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! :) I promise I will write back if you leave a comment :)