Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!


My dad and I at our wedding
First off let me say Happy Father's Day to all of the dads and soon to be dads out there. I have a pretty great dad, if I do say so myself. We haven't always been close. Growing up I don't remember him doing much with me. I was a girly girl and I don't think he quite knew what to do with me. He went to I think one rollerskating competition with me (and I competed for about 6 years) and generally I just remember him being around when I was a kid. He only did stuff with me when my mom wasn't able to. My parents separated when I was 14, I started spending every Saturday with my dad. It was hard at the beginning, I blamed him for the destruction of our family. Over the years, and mainly thanks to my husband, I have been able to forgive my dad for what I believed was to be his fault (even though I don't know for sure). I think since I went off to college our relationship has grown. I spent more time with him, especially once my mom moved to Florida. My dad became my rock and my safe place in Michigan. I think our relationship has grown even more since I've moved. I think we butted heads when I was in high school, one because I blamed him and two because we are quite a bit alike. But he is and will always be my daddy. I love him with all of my heart and cannot imagine my life without him. He has been soooo supportive since M left for the sandbox. He has come to visit me on almost every break I had from school to help out with the kids and to visit. It has been great. He is great with the kids and I enjoy spending time with him. The other great thing about him is he gets along GREAT with M!
M and the kids during R&R
That brings me to the other great dad in my life. My husband. He truly is an amazing father. I might be biased but I don't think I could have asked for a better father for my children. He loves our kids like every father should. He just is an amazing father and our kids love him so much. I know they cannot wait to be reunited with M again and have their daddy home.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! :) I promise I will write back if you leave a comment :)