Thursday, May 24, 2012

Update on Baby E

First I have to say thank you to all of you who left super sweet comments and your prayers. Also a special thank you to Amanda at Somewhere Over the Camo who texted me today to check in on us. You are all amazing and I truly appreciate it!!! So THANK YOU!

Now on to the update:
We arrived at All Children's this morning and I had to tell our story to at least 10 people. At the end each person said "hummmm"......yea thanks....hence why we are here. I spoke quickly to the ENT doctor who would be doing the procedure. She basically told me that this was a routine procedure, but her equipment wasn't small enough for Baby E so she would see what she could, but she wouldn't be able to see everything. Hummm...then what is the point? You would think at a hospital that deals only in children would have small enough equipment to do the procedure on any size kid. Then I had the "pleasure" of speaking with the anesthesiologist. Who basically told me that there was a good possibility that due to Baby E's size she would need to be intabated after the procedure and kept for awhile for observation if she had problems with the anesthesia. Great....thanks for warning me about this before I left my house which is over an hour away so I could have come prepared. Ugh!
Getting ready for pre-op
Basically they took her back, I sat down in the waiting room, called M and talked to him for a little bit (I cannot tell you how amazing it was to be able to talk to him. He is my rock and his voice can calm me down, which I needed at that point), started writing an email to my principal and the doctor came in. I think it took her all of 10 minutes. She came in to tell me they found nothing. Yup you read that right NOTHING! Her airways were clear and well developed. The doctor basically said she couldn't see anything, but her equipment didn't reach all the way to the bottom. I cannot believe they found nothing. I am just dumbfounded.
The pulmonologist said to continue doing the medicine and that we would then see her on Wednesday. Yea....another doctor appointment.
Sleeping before they took her back
So, we are back to square one. No one has any idea why she is still wheezing. I just want our baby healthy. Thank goodness she is a happy baby. I'm not sure what I would do if she wasn't. I was able to talk to M throughout the day today. I swear, even from thousands of miles away he can steady me and keep me calm. He seriously is my rock and is amazing! I needed him today and he was there for me 100%. I couldn't have asked for a better husband or father to our children.
After the procedure
Baby E did amazing during the procedure. She did great coming out of the anesthesia and was pretty happy for most of the day. However, she decided to fight going to bed for over an hour. It was quite frustrating. I lost my cool a few times.....we can thank PMS and stress for my short temper. I always feel horrible when I loose my cool, but I just couldn't help it tonight. However, both her and Little L made it to bed without a huge incident.
I was even able to make and frost cupcakes for Little L to take to daycare tomorrow to celebrate his birthday. I really enjoy being able to make cupcakes for him. My mom always made cut out cookies for me to take to school for my birthday. My family always made a big deal of birthdays and I plan on doing the same for our kids. I know M's family always blew his birthday off, but birthday's are important to me. Don't get me wrong, it's not about the presents, it's about getting together with family and friends to celebrate the day they were born. It's about making sure that person feels special. It's something that is important to me.
With that said. Baby E is doing great, thank goodness! Little L is turning 3 on Saturday!!! Eeeekkkk!!! and I am one pooped mama. Go figure too, it's storming outside right now, which means this mama isn't going to be getting much sleep until it stops. :)


  1. Yay! So glad everything went well and that they didn't find anything! Maybe it will just go away on its own? I dunno, but am hoping for the best!!

  2. I am soooo glad to hear that she is fine. And girl you know I've got your back even from Kansas.. you can text me whenever. I am here for you. :)

    P.S. GET SOME SLEEEEEEEEEP. You need it!

  3. Well, thankfully there wasn't any complications with the procedure, but that sure is frustrating that you had to go through all of that only to find out there was nothing. And I'd be pretty irritated with the dr's too, but such is life, right? Thankfully they're not gods or we'd all be in trouble, lol!

    Isn't it really nice having supportive hubbies who can calm us down like no one else?? My husband sounds like he's quite a bit the same as yours. Truly he is the only one who can relax me no matter how close or how far away he is.

    Please do keep us updated on this. Hugs.

  4. Hopefully it will clear up with the medicine and you won't have to deal with this much longer.
    It's the worst feeling in the world when our babies are sick and we can't fix them.
    Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog! :)

  5. Thank you everyone!!!! She is doing great and maybe one day we will figure out what is wrong with our little girl. Until then thank you all for your kind words and thoughts! It's great to know we have some extra support out there during these times!


I LOVE comments!!! :) I promise I will write back if you leave a comment :)