Thursday, August 22, 2013

Thursday Thoughts: Learning



This week for Thursday Thoughts is on Learning.

I am a teacher and with that means a life time of learning. I am required to do so many hours of professional development to renew my certificate every 5 years. I am always going to professional development for the new Civics curriculum we have. I am always learning.

To me, learning is important. Whether you are doing it in a classroom, or just learning from life, you are always learning. You should learn from your past, you should learn from other's pasts. Learning from others is a great way to learn from a mistake without actually making the mistake. Learning is what helps us grow as individuals and become better human beings. Those who don't learn from their mistakes are doomed to repeat those mistakes.

I learn a lot from my husband. He knows so much about topics I know nothing about. He is great at explaining how things work so that I can understand them. I love learning from him.

Learning is important. I will be a lifelong learner and really enjoy doing it. I LOVE learning about technology and how to implement it into my classroom. I would love to get my masters in Technology integration, however our school board won't recognize that masters for the step in pay. So, at the moment I will have to focus on something else. (that is whenever I decide to go back to school)

Learning is everywhere and is so vitally important. Which is why I find it ironic that the government always cuts education, when in reality education is what got those politicians to where they are today. They didn't get the knowledge they know on their own. But that's another topic for another day.

Learning is so very important and I am so proud to be a part of that road to success many students take. I'm proud to impart my knowledge on the younger generations. I am proud to be a life long learner.


2 comments:

  1. Learning is such an important part of life and I love that you are someone who takes that so seriously. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is great at explaining how things work so that I can understand them. I love learning from him.

    Hi! I'm just popping in from the Thursday Thoughts link-up to give you a virtual high-five over having great teachers for spouses. My husband has a knack for explaining things, too; I like to think I'm not too shabby at it, m'self. Our worlds are richer for being able to learn from each other.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! :) I promise I will write back if you leave a comment :)