Thursday, January 3, 2013

2013....goals, first time ever making any

I have never been one to do resolutions at the beginning of the new year, basically because I don't keep them and thought they were silly. But I saw Amanda did some great goals and I thought I would follow in her footsteps and make some little goals for myself that maybe can be tracked on this hear blog. :) We will see how great, (or not great) I do. :)

1. Lose the weight. I'm not saying I will go to the gym three days a week (that is really hard with work and two little ones) but that I will do whatever I can to stay active and eating better. I would like to get back down to the weight I was when I met M. I was almost there when he came home from his deployment, but then I got lazy again. So, it's time to take the kids for bike rides, take them to the park, play Just Dance on our new Xbox, etc. Maybe even look into getting some exercise equipment at home (treadclimber?) that way I don't have to go to the gym.

2. Read more books. When I was single I used to read at least 3-4 books a month. I'm not talking about reading that much, but just making time each day to read a chapter or two of a book.

3. Think about ME more often. I know that sounds selfish but if you are a wife and/or a mother you know that you generally think of yourself last. I always put my kids and husband's happiness before my own. I need to work on taking time for myself, doing things that make me happy. A happy wife equals a happy life. :) I need to learn how to RELAX....during the deployment I lost my ability to relax and I haven't been able to get it back yet. :(

4. Cook more at home. We have already started doing this. Monday through Friday we mostly eat at home, but I need to work on my cooking skills and try more recipes. I would also try to start using my crockpot.

I think those are more than doable, I think. I know I will have the hardest time with #1 and #3. When I get home after work, the last thing I want to do is  workout or spend an hour making dinner. Also I am a people pleaser at heart so thinking of myself is not something I am use to. But I need to start and to start asking my husband for help with the kids instead of doing everything myself.

I also haven't done a review of 2012 yet and I think I might do something along the lines of what Monica is doing and recapping each month. I think I will do it in three posts. At least that is my plan. :)

I will have to possibly start it this weekend, I will be having an endoscopy done tomorrow. Nothing too major, I just hiccup when I eat. Normally I wouldn't think twice about it, but my grandpa died of cancer of the esophagus (he never smoked a day in his life) so I wanted to make sure everything is all ok. So, I will be doing that tomorrow and probably sleeping the rest of the day :).

I hope you all have a great Thursday!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I hope your endoscopy goes well and you get the all-clear! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your endoscopy went well.. and I LOVE your resolutions. I definitely think they are all obtainable and the most important one is number 3 for sure. I totally know how that goes and it is hard sometimes to not let it always be about others.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! :) I promise I will write back if you leave a comment :)