Saturday, July 28, 2012

Well played Murphy.....well played


First I have to start off by saying a HUGE thank you to Marcella who posted my need for a photographer onto her facebook page. That was so sweet and heart felt, it brought me to tears. I will however not be needing a photographer in Orlando.
I found out recently that my husband, due to his injuries, won't be returning with his unit. He won't be participating in his unit's homecoming ceremony and I have to say I'm kind of sad about it. I was really looking forward to attending the homecoming, but I also know that my husband's well being is WAY more important than some ceremony. I want him to get everything worked out before he comes home.
Also, how do you deal with your husband seeming to be different now that he's back from war? I swear something is off with him. I'm not sure if he's not happy with me or if it's something else that is bothering him, but he's not being himself lately. He used to call me a lot, now I hardly hear from him, he used to say good bye on the phone a certain way, and now he's very clipped and abrupt. I'm trying really hard to not act crazy and remember this time isn't about me, it's about making sure he is mentally and physically ok before he comes home to us.

Ah Murphy. You are NOT my friend. I know I've talked about Murphy a lot since my husband has left, but I tell ya what, he waited until the end to give me a doozy. I ended up at the urgent care walk in clinic this morning to find out I had strep! Yup....strep. I knew I felt like crap, but geeze! I woke up Thursday morning feeling like I was swallowing razor blades and had a fever on and off that day. Friday I was feeling MUCH better, so I didn't think anything of it. I just thought I caught some type of flu and it was working its way out of my body. I had book club at our house Friday night and really enjoyed having the girls over. I was nice to have some adult conversations. I love going to book club. I realize we only talk about books for like 10 minutes, but it still is a great stress reliever. Oops....sorry I got sidetracked :) back to Murphy. Because book club lasted so long last night, my mom kept the kids. I thought I would get some good sleep.....haha yea right. I pretty much woke up at 0400 feeling worse than ever. I picked the kids up (because my mom had plans today that couldn't be changed) and called our friends. They agreed to watch the kids for me while I went to the docs and took a nap. I woke up feeling SO MUCH BETTER. Thank goodness! So, even though Murphy waited until the end to give me the biggest issue, I am glad I am feeling better and praying I didn't pass this onto the kids.

So, now I'm off to bed and sleep some more. Let's hope the kids sleep through the night :)

1 comment:

I LOVE comments!!! :) I promise I will write back if you leave a comment :)