Tuesday, July 24, 2012

From Pinterest to Project....yummy dessert


I am part of a book club. It is the group of girls that I taught with my first year in Florida. Our school hired 5 new 4th grade teachers that year and 4 of us are in the book club. We meet once a month and everyone brings a dish to share. I've found some pretty amazing looking dessert recipes on pinterest so I thought I would give one a try.
Who doesn't love s'mores? So I thought dipped s'mores was a great twist on the awesome dessert.

From Pinterest, click on picture and it will take you to the recipe
These just looked awesome. I'm a huge fan of s'mores that I don't need a camp fire for, especially seeing as I'm not a huge camper. Actually I'm not a camper at all....but that's besides the point.

I started off with putting tin foil on my cookie sheet and laying out the graham crackers.

I figured this was easiest in case it made a huge mess.

Then I added a marshmallow on one side and chocolate on the other. **side note: the second time I did this I cut the marshmallows in half or I could have bought the smaller ones, the large ones are just a pain in the butt to use. I also cut the chocolate in half.**

 Then you put them in the oven for a little bit until the chocolate melts.

After you take them out of the oven they go straight into the freezer to help everything set. After about 5-10 minutes (I think the longer in the freezer the better, they are easier to dip) you put the marshmallow side on the chocolate side and dip into chocolate. Publix where I shop has a great little container that is actually chocolate for dipping. You just put it in the microwave for a few seconds, stir and repeat, very easy.
Dip in chocolate, then add sprinkles. Sprinkles make everything better.


 I also put them back into the refrigerator to make the dipped chocolate harden again. I will say, take them out of the fridge before you serve. They are much better at room temperature, plus you don't want someone to break a tooth. :)

Everyone really enjoyed them. I didn't have any to bring back home, which was awesome. Those kind of kill the diet.

I think next time I make them I will try and make them a little smaller. They were a little too big and I think having them smaller might make them easier to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! :) I promise I will write back if you leave a comment :)