Wednesday, February 27, 2013

This past weekend: cute kids and Jeff Dunham

This past weekend M and I were able to see Jeff Dunham live. We got the tickets plus a hotel room for the night from my mom for Christmas. I was REALLY looking forward to it. Very rarely do we get one night away from the kids, let alone two in the same month. We had a small disagreement about the hotel room. He thought it was silly we were staying away, I thought it was nice. We hashed it out and realized......he thought it was silly because he stays away from home a lot, so he doesn't like to when he doesn't have to. I on the other hand NEVER stay away from home, so it's nice to get away from everything and unwind. Issue solved.
I really enjoyed Jeff Dunham. He is hilarious!!!!! We had nose bleed seats, but it was still neat seeing him live.


Before the show starts

Hard to see but that's Peanut, my favorite character :)
My favorite aunt flew down for the weekend to help my mom watch the kids Saturday morning so we didn't have to rush home. My mom is a CPA, so that means this is her busy time of year and has to work on Saturdays :( It was great getting to see my aunt though. The kids really loved seeing her again so soon! (she also brought a TON of new clothes for pretty girl and Peter Pan the movie for Booger, she LOVES spoiling those little ones)

That afternoon, M and I hung out at my mom's house waiting for her to get home. We decided to make dinner for her to re-pay her for watching the kids overnight for us. It was delicious. We had grilled chicken and steak, wild rice, steamed veggies and bread. Yum yum!


Pretty girl giving Great Grandma some loving
 Sunday we pretty much hung around the house. There was a gun show up in Sarasota that we decided to go to. It was much better than the first one we went to a couple months ago. More booths, but the guns were overpriced as well as the ammo. But still neat to see what everyone had.

All in all it was a great weekend. There was some relaxing, some family time and just plain a good weekend.

I hope you all had a great weekend!


4 comments:

  1. What a great weekend! :) So glad you have fun at the show. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you all had a great weekend! And that you got to get away again! Nothing beats some freedom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a fun time! I absolutely love concerts!


    www.trendinginfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. we have been lucky enough to see jeff dunham twice! what a great show!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! :) I promise I will write back if you leave a comment :)