Saturday, December 29, 2012

One year blog anniversary

Wow! It's hard to believe a year ago I was at home with a 2 1/2 year old and a brand new baby, M was on the other side of the world in the sand box and it was Christmas time. I was lonely and feeling like many didn't understand what it felt like being alone on a huge holiday and having your husband fighting a war. I started looking online and came across quite a few blogs of other military wives. Some whose husbands were currently deployed, some who would be deploying soon and others whose husbands had been deployed but were currently home. I started reading them in my spare time. Finally I decided I should start my own blog. I used to love writing in a journal as a kid and I felt there weren't that many blogs from the perspective of the Reserve Army wife. I thought I would try and contribute and hopefully help someone else in my shoes. I also thought it would be a great way to keep M updated on what was going on at home. What I didn't realize is all of the amazing people I would "meet" on this journey. These people became a part of my support system. I only hope I can help them as they have helped me.
I have never claimed to be a good writer, but I know it has helped for me to have a place to get my thoughts and feelings out. I love this little blog world and hopefully I will be posting more frequently in the future. :)
Thank you to all of my readers and to those that have offered their support over the last year. Your friendships mean the world to me.

In honor of my one year blog anniversary I thought I would recap my top ten most visited blog posts. :) I hope you all enjoy!!!!

#1 Annoying Facebook Posts
#2 Fantasy Fest
#3 First Ever Guest Post
#4 Anniversary Care Package
#5 Welcome Home Sign Ideas
#6 Hurry up....waiting on you
#7 Military Spouse Appreciation Day
#8 Girls Night Out
#9 Guest Post
#10 My Very First Libester Award

I hope you all have a wonderful day and enjoy going down memory lane. :) I know I love to look back at certain posts and smile. :)

Remember you can follow me on Instagram (kathrynelizabeth8) and on Facebook

3 comments:

  1. Woohoo!! Congrats! And thank you for the sweet Christmas card. I have it hanging in my kitchen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blogiversary!!! Love reading MilSpouse blogs, and am very glad that we have gotten to meet through blogging. We can all use the support that blogging gives us during deployments :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! :) I promise I will write back if you leave a comment :)