Friday, November 29, 2013

Sad News

Wow! What a crazy past couple of weeks. My course recovery classes are now at capacity so I am running like a chicken with my head cut off all period. It gets quite annoying, babysitting these kids all of the time. But it is my job and it must be done.
Friday the 22nd was my mommy's birthday. She had a friend in town and I am thankful she had someone fun to hang out with.
This past Tuesday (the 19th) my two Aunts decided to fly down, we were told my grandmother had gotten worse and the end was near. She had been suffering from dementia and since my birthday on the 5th she had steadily declined, to the point she couldn't do anything for herself. It was really hard watching it and watching my mother shoulder the burden on her own (she is the only one of her siblings that live down here). I know having my aunts around at the end really helped. I was so thankful they came to be with my grandmother and to make sure my mom was not alone.
I am also so grateful my grandma passed away after my mom's birthday. She held on until 2am the morning after my mom's birthday. I know she is finally at peace and finally with my Grandpa. She is no longer in pain or suffering. She lived a long, healthy life.
I am so thankful she was able to see my kids grow up a little. I know they brought such joy to her life, especially at the end. Lots of times the only thing she would want to go is visit with my kids.
She will be missed. She spent every winter down here, was at our house every Christmas morning since I was a little kid. She has always been around. It will be an adjustment.

We love you grandma! Rest in Peace!

 
I will be leaving tomorrow at the butt crack of dawn to head up to Michigan for three days for the funeral. This will be the first time I have left our kids overnight with my husband. I'm sure everything will be great, just nervous. Actually I get nervous EVERYTIME I leave the kids behind. Is that strange?? Anywho. I am hoping it's a safe flight and not too cold up there. I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. I will hopefully catch up on my posting soon :)
Have a great weekend all!

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your loss Kathryn! Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. She's in a better place though and no longer suffering.. which doesn't make it easier for you, but helps maybe just a little bit.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! :) I promise I will write back if you leave a comment :)