Friday, November 8, 2013

My Birthday Recap

Tuesday the 5th was my 31st birthday. Ugh! I can't believe I'm in my 30s now!!!! This year, I feel OLD.

As I stated in my other birthday post, I LOVE birthdays and have a tradition to eat my favorite meal on my birthday. This year was no exception. My mom made my favorite chicken casserole and chocolate eclair cake. It was the BEST! Then I opened a few presents from my mom and dad. It was nice. I got a few things I needed for my classroom. Like dry erase markers in fun new colors and dry erase crayons.



Then I received a laminator, perfect for a project I want to do for my Origami Owl business. Plus I laminate quite a bit of stuff for school and our school one always seems to be broken. My dad got me a portable hard drive. I'm going to use it to store all of my pictures on. That way I don't have to freak out if my computer crashes again. Whew!

My husband, who is amazing by the way, got my present for me when we were in Key West. He talked me into going into the Coach store (I claimed I didn't need anything and wouldn't find anything I wanted in there, he knows me better than I know myself sometimes) and low and behold, I found TWO things. One was a new case for my ipad. He bought me one last year, but it didn't flip right and was kind of a pain. This one is soooo much better. Then he bought me a cross body purse that I had been eyeing (but could never find the colors I wanted) and wanted for when we went on vacation. It's not fun to always carry my huge purse.


Not too bad for a 31 year old, huh?


Overall, it was a great day! Had a few hiccups with my kids deciding they wanted to be brats that night, but they quickly changed their tune when they heard there was cake. :)

Next year, I think I'm going to take the day of my birthday or the day after off. It's not fun working on your birthday.
We will be having a small get together at our house for M's family and a few friends to celebrate. Can't have just one party, now can we???

Do you love birthdays, or do you just tolerate them?

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had a nice birthday. I am jealous of the laminator haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a good birthday!

    I LOVE birthdays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love birthdays! Who can be upset when there's cake??? ;) Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! :) I promise I will write back if you leave a comment :)