Monday, November 19, 2012

Leaving on a jet plane....well kind of

I would love to say that we have flown somewhere exotic for the upcoming holiday, but alas we are not. We have two small children and have you SEEN the cost of flying??? Oh my! I remember I used to be able to get a flight to Florida for like $150. Now it would cost us a small fortune to fly. So, that means we must drive. Yup that is right. We packed up the kids up and drove 22+ hours to Michigan to see my dad and family for Thanksgiving.

I wasn't sure if we would all survive, but we did!. Thankfully we had a few places to stop on the way up to break the trip up a little. We first stopped in GA to see my favorite Aunt. She also happens to be Lucas' favorite too. He talks about her constantly. It really is cute! And my aunt is really smitten with Lucas too. It's really cute to watch them play together.
We also stopped in Kentucky where my husband went to college. I wish Ft. Campbell was closer to 75 so that I could meet up with a certain lady (ahem.....Jenn), but it is not and my husband is being a pain about getting too far away from 75. Which of course I guess I don't blame him. But it still would be nice. We were able to see where he went to college and where he lived. It was really nice to put a place with the stories. We were also able to meet up with one of his friends for breakfast Sunday morning. It was nice to break up the trip a little. I will say driving at night was sooooo much better. The kids slept and there wasn't a ton of traffic.
We also stopped at Cabela's on our way too. My husband (who is amazing) bought me a Benelli shotgun! I can't wait to use it! It's super light and it's supposed to not break my shoulder. I love going to shoot skeet with my husband, so this should make it more fun. I can't wait.
We will be spending Thanksgiving with my dad's side of the family, who I haven't seen in a LONG time. And my grandparents will get to finally meet Baby E (I guess I'm going to have to stop calling her Baby E, because she isn't a baby anymore. She is almost 1!!!!)
We will also be going to a hunt club where my husband will finally be able to go hunting. He hasn't been hunting since we got together. My dad is the president of his Safari club and they take Veterans out hunting quite often, so my dad got M a hunt. They both are very excited for this. I will be in the cabin with the kids, trying to keep them occupied while they are out. :/ Then we will start our trip back.
I am hoping the rest of the trip will go smoothly.
I am REALLY excited for our first family vacation since my husband's return. I am hoping to have LOTs of pictures to share with you once we return. :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay for trips! Jealous of the shotgun. And I just hate that men complain about what you pack. Can't they see the obvious solution... PACK THEMSELF. men. Haha. I have to pack for rob tomorrow so we will see how it goes! Have fun on your trip! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! :) I promise I will write back if you leave a comment :)