Friday, December 6, 2013

Thanksgiving Recap

Well, I guess I should get my Thanksgiving recap done. I actually have NO pictures from Thanksgiving (go me) but we did have a good day. Seeing as my grandma had passed away the weekend before, my mom flew up to Michigan before Thanksgiving. So, we were left to decide where we would spend the holiday. My in-laws now spend Thanksgiving at Busch Gardens with the nephews so we ended up over at our family friends Paul and Rosie's house.
Thursday morning I woke before everyone else (a strange feeling) and ran to get the paper with the Black Friday ads), then made breakfast for the kiddos and my hubby. I ended up not being able to eat because Booger at his helping plus mine of eggs. Ah well. He's a growing boy and needs the food more than me :)
We arrived at our friends house on time (go us!) and thought we would be eating shortly, but that wasn't the case. We were still waiting for M's grandparents to show up and they still had to bake the stuffing!!!!! Holy cow! Thank goodness they had a few munchies to munch on so we didn't die of hunger. :)
The food was great and so was the company. M left with his uncle and Paul to do some Black Friday shopping while I stayed at the house with the kids. I'm glad we didn't have to take those two out into the craziness. On a side note, my mom generally watches the kids when we do Black Friday shopping. My amazing husband picked up a brand new laptop for me :) (mine died last Christmas thanks to Pretty Girl) and we got a TV for the kids, for them to watch movies on.
Finally it was time to go home and just relax. I had a lot of packing to do seeing as I was leaving on Saturday to attend my grandma's funeral.
All in all it was a good Thanksgiving. Not fantastic, but good. I'm just thankful we were all able to be together this year. :)

Did you all have a good Thanksgiving?

P.S. Don't forget to enter to win a $30 gift certificate to my Origami Owl store!!!! You can make someone (even yourself) an amazing present!


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great Thanksgiving and yay for a new laptop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanksgiving is really great. Good thing you had yours. The day is intended time with our loved ones and acknowledging all the blessings we have. By the way, nice family picture!

    Military spouse jobs

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving... SCORE on the laptop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a good Thanksgiving, but I don't really have pictures either! We just stayed home and cooked up a storm.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! :) I promise I will write back if you leave a comment :)