Monday, October 22, 2012

One year ago today, my best friend's world came crashing down

Today marks one year from the day my best friend's world came crashing down around her. Her now ex-husband, did one of the most horrible things a person can do. He thankfully will pay for his actions,

My thoughts go out to my friend today. I was the first friend to hear the story and was with her  on the phone throughout the night as the story of what happened unfolded. Even though it was horrible and I would not wish it on my worst enemy, I think it really cemented our friendship and put us on the path we are on today. She is an amazingly strong person. I think many others, including myself, would have crumbled during this time. But she stood tall, took action and did what needed to be done for her and her daughter.

You can read my guest blog post on her blog about that night and the following days. You can also read her story and what happened to her a year ago today.

Please keep her and her daughter in your thoughts and prayers.

P.S. I cannot wait to see her and her daughter for our dinner date tonight. Little L will be so excited to see his first best friend. :)



3 comments:

  1. Oh man. WHat a tragedy. Much love to your friend and her daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez Louise. Not sure I'd even know where to begin if one of my best friends delivered that kind of news to me. Says a lot about both you and her when it comes to the strength shown,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow how awful!! Sending prayers to your friend.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! :) I promise I will write back if you leave a comment :)