Monday, January 12, 2015

Christmas Recap

Christmas was great this year. M had the week of Christmas off to spend with us, which was nice.

We split our Christmas celebration into three different celebrations. We started off with my mom the Tuesday before Christmas. We went over and had lunch and opened presents with her. Her and my dad spoiled the heck out of me this year. It was really nice to get spoiled a little. They also spoiled Booger and Pretty Girl. We spent the afternoon at her house playing with their new toys. I only have one picture from that day, but I have to say, it's my favorite.


Christmas eve was spent at M's parents house with his side of the family. It was a nice evening. The kids were spoiled again and were able to play with some of their new gifts. We also ate some great food.

Left is of our nephews opening their cards from us (I made them and was pretty proud of them) and of course Booger and Pretty girl opened their presents as well.

Then Santa came to our house. There was much excitement in our house. Both kids understood what was going on. It was magical this year and their excitement was contagious. Santa spoiled our kids as well. They received baby turtles, 2 of them; a large fish tank for the turtles and fish; ninja turtle gear; Sophia the First doll and princess shoes; the transformer Grimlock Booger has been talking about for months; and a few other little things. They had a blast Christmas morning.

From left: the tree after Santa arrived, our baby turtle, the fish tank, boots that Pretty girl has been eyeing for awhile now, the ninja turtle gear and of course pretty dresses for a pretty girl.

Overall it was a nice holiday. The magic was alive for the kids and to me, that is what is important. That and family. It's not about the gifts, but watching the kids believe so strongly in something is nice. It was a nice Christmas.
Kat

3 comments:

  1. So glad you all got to spend your Christmas together. What a fun gift of turtles! And I LOVE that picture of you and the kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet picture of you three together! Glad y'all had a fun and magical Christmas! I agree that having kids that "get it" is so much more fun, and really adds to the holiday excitement. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! I'm sure it's extra special when they both embrace Christmas and the season. It looks like tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! :) I promise I will write back if you leave a comment :)